Been working on a couple designs for the Slick and Dirty Motorsports Long Travel Kit but need the opinion of the community. Below are the 2 options:
Option 1: Chase Kit
– Upper Control Arm: 1.5” DOM .120 wall, 1 inch Uniball and 3/4 Heims (Option to upgrade to Fully welded and boxed 3/16 Plate)
– Lower Control Arm: Fully welded and boxed 3/16 Plate, Polyurethane bushings, OEM or Moog® lower ball joints
– Can be run with OEM Spindle or 3” Fabtech®/Ebay Spindle or 5” CST® Spindle
Chase kit will be about 3.5 to 4 inches wider per side and will probably cycle around 13-14 inches of wheel travel (strapped and bumped). Considerably Economical as an entry level type of Long Travel kit. Only downfall is the limiting factor of the OEM or Moog® lower ball joints. 100% Bolt on.
Option 2: Race Kit
– Upper Control Arm: 1.5” DOM .120 wall, Boxed upper pivot for 1 inch Uniball and 7/8 Heims (Option to upgrade to Fully welded and boxed 3/16 Plate)
– Lower Control Arm: Fully welded and boxed 3/16 plate, Polyurethane bushings, 1.5” Uniball
– Spindle: Fully welded 3/16 Plate, Upper Uniball in vertical position
Race kit will be about 4.5 inches wider per side and will probably cycle around 16+ inches of wheel travel (strapped and bumped). Cost will be higher due to a fully fabricated spindle. Only limiting factor will be the total length of shock that will be used in conjunction with the kit. Will be able to fit a 2.5” Coilover and 3” Springs. 100% Bolt on.
Your opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated, both positive and negative are welcome.
We are also looking into upgrading the fabricated spindle to run Dana 44 hubs but will be sometime later in the future. Right now we just want to get started on one of the kits but will eventually have both of them available in the future as well.
This is will only be available for Z85, 2wd coil suspension trucks. Sorry Z71 and Torsion bar people =(
Slick & Dirty Motorsports